The gentle deep heat in the infrared cabin

In an infrared cabin, the heat is transferred to the body differently than in a conventional sauna. The air temperature in a conventional sauna often exceeds 176 °F due to the heater. Hot air causes our bodies to overheat and sweat - a natural defense mechanism. On the other hand, it is different in the gentle infrared cabin.
The wonderful effect of gentle hyperthermia

The wonderful effect of gentle hyperthermia

Instead of a furnace, an infrared cabin has a series of infrared radiators arranged around the body. About 80 percent of the infrared rays reach the skin and heat it directly, while the remaining 20 percent heat the air in the cabin. Thus, we start sweating in an infrared cabin at a much lower temperature than in a conventional sauna. And at a temperature of 100,4 °F, we begin to sweat very profusely in an infrared cabin.

Heat treatments used to be used in medicine as a means of treating a variety of diseases. Infrared radiation, on the other hand, can also be used as a therapeutic method. But how does it work in detail? For those who are curious, I will explain in more detail at this point.

How exactly does an infrared sauna work?

Infrared radiation heats the surface of the skin and activates the underlying tissues, but without penetrating deep into them. A stay in an infrared sauna directly affects the billions of skin cells. Blood temperature increases and blood vessels dilate due to the expansion of subcutaneous vessels, capillaries and lymph. As the blood warms up, it reaches the deeper muscles and organs and warms them up as well. This results in an extremely beneficial and pain-relieving effect.

The infrared cabin relieves chronic pain

During an infrared session, there is a slight dilatation of blood vessels. As a result, oxygenated blood is directed to the injured blood vessels and tense muscles, which in turn relieves inflammation and also chronic pain. The improved blood circulation and slight increase in body temperature lead to a feeling of calm and relieve pain.

A great advantage of the infrared sauna

The infrared rays penetrate the skin evenly and warm the body. When the body temperature rises even slightly, the heat is transferred to the organs through the capillaries. The result is a deep feeling of calm and a decrease in discomfort.

People suffering from musculoskeletal disorders such as osteoarthritis, rheumatism, rheumatoid arthritis or fibromyalgia can experience relief from their symptoms through regular use of an infrared cabin. Skin conditions such as eczema and cellulitis also seem to respond well to infrared therapy.

Recommendation from physiotherapists

Professionals in the fields of physiotherapy, osteopathy and rheumatology are unanimous in confirming that infrared therapy has significant health benefits. The majority of them endorse the use of infrared cabins as a means of relieving pain and combating symptoms.